Allegro support for Merchants extended for the third month
- 15 thousand new companies registered on Allegro since the announcement of The Merchant Support Package launched to support both current sellers and companies wanting to start selling online
- 64% of all Allegro merchants took advantage of it to help their cash flow
- Allegro is extending the package for the third time till the end of June and continues to cover the entire cost of support for merchants, raising expenses for this purpose to PLN 46 million in total.
Since the launch of the Merchant Support Package, one new company registered every five minutes on Allegro. On average, a new company issued its first offers within 2.5 days from registration and the first sale occurred within 5 days. New companies achieved record sales results stimulated by the popularity of offers with free Allegro Smart! Deliveries. The record holder achieved a turnover of PLN 513 thousand within one month, that is approximately 7 times more than usual first-month sales volume of a new seller on Allegro.
- The first symptoms of economic recovery are already visible,, but there are still companies unable to do business as before. It is clear for us that we need to support them to keep business stable and make it easy for new companies to start e-commerce operations without extra costs and also to achieve good results - says Francois Nuyts, CEO of Allegro. - We keep investing in projects that have a significant impact on everyday lives of Poles and on the Polish economy - adds Francois Nuyts.
The renewed package will be prolonged until the end of June 2020 and include:
- small sellers will pay bills later - 60 days instead of 14;
- 3 months with no fees for new Polish merchants starting sales on Allegro regardless of their size;
- easy access to credit with 3% cashback for self-employed sole traders.
Apart from launching the Merchant Support Package and enabling Poles to use free Allegro Smart! deliveries, Allegro is also supporting the Polish healthcare system, donating PLN 6 million to buy 24 ventilators, 2 COVID diagnostic laboratories in Poznan and Warsaw, 365 thousand masks and 8 thousand litres of disinfectants delivered to over 40 hospitals, hospices and nursing homes. Another PLN 1 million has been donated to 42 Allegro employee coronavirus related charity initiatives. Allegro and WOSP also launched a charity fundraiser (koronawirus.allegro.pl) to collect even more money to purchase more necessary medical equipment. The total value of Allegro covid-related assistance reached PLN 240 million.